The Cancer Awareness Development Worker role is based across both Sunderland and South Tyneside. The staff will be working within the local community to raise awareness on how to spot signs, symptoms and also screening options. The work will include facilitating meetings and attending local events to help increase screening uptake at GP Practices.
The Sunderland GP Alliance will host both roles with South Tyneside CCG supporting the South Tyneside Post.
AIMS AND OUTCOMES
Review the community health needs in relation existing cancer data to support targeted interventions to those most in need.
- Raise awareness of Cancer across Sunderland and South Tyneside
- Focus on low screening areas of Sunderland and South Tyneside
- Identify and Facilitate group meetings to raise cancer awareness and identify links with general Health and Wellbeing
- Make every Contact Count.
- Signposting to Appropriate services
- Promote Cancer Campaigns
- Promote Awareness Training across all areas
- Work with Partner Organisations in delivery of awareness
Georgina Blythe, Cancer Support Worker – South Tyneside
James Coker, Cancer Support Worker, Sunderland
MEET THE TEAM
For more information visit Meet the Team