As part of its innovative response to the healthcare challenges facing the city, Sunderland has implemented Community Integrated Teams.
These teams consist of a range of health and social care professionals, providing services wrapped around a cohort of patients that are some of the most intensive users of healthcare services. The Teams are co-located in 5 localities across the city and are supported by a team of Multi-Disciplinary Coordinators, employed by the SGPA, to enable a range of providers to come together to improve patient care.
The service has evolved over the past 3 years since with a focus in improving Care Planning for patients living in Sunderland to enable them a better quality of life.
“The aim is that we work collaboratively to gain a comprehensive picture of the patient, therefore supporting them more effectively. CIT is an excellent example of where working together and sharing data is used really well, the result is that the patient is at the centre of everything we do.”
Ashleigh Gordon-Pucci – SENIOR MDT CO-ORDINATOR
AIMS AND OUTCOMES
- Review the community health needs in relation existing cancer data to support targeted interventions
to those most in need.
- Raise awareness of Cancer across Sunderland and South Tyneside
- Focus on low screening areas of Sunderland and South Tyneside
- Identify and Facilitate group meetings to raise cancer awareness and identify links with general Health and Wellbeing
- Make every Contact Count.
- Signposting to Appropriate services
- Promote Cancer Campaigns
- Promote Awareness Training across all areas
- Work with Partner Organisations in delivery of awareness
Tara Burrell; Contract Delivery Manager
MEET THE TEAM
For more information visit Meet the Team